Saturday, January 8, 2011

Photo-A-Week: Cold

This week was the first week I took on my photo a week project. Something I am going to do each week for the rest of the year. I have teased myself with the idea of a photo a day project several times, but I don't think I have the dedication to do a 365 project. Now 52 that's a more palatable number for me.

Each week will have a theme, this week's is Cold. Which presented a problem for me all week. Even though it's plenty cold here in St. Louis there is not much on my daily commute that looked cold. I kept trying to think of ideas, maybe take a picture of a thermometer or something, but then I got lucky. Friday night, a day before the deadline, it snowed.

It actually got pretty scary driving later that night. We decided to head out to take some Christmas presents back to the store and on the way home the roads started icing over. I was very happy we had bought an all wheel drive vehicle this year. We saw 5 cars off the road in a 10 mile stretch, most of them already had emergency responders there and the one that didn't told us he was ok and was getting ready to pull out of the snow. It's a Jeep thing, I don't understand.

Anyway working on the house Saturday morning I decided to get a cold picture of my daughter's new sticky snowflakes they have on their windows. Thankfully for the snow it actually looks cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment