Monday, February 21, 2011

Photo-A-Week: Dinner

So I'm a little late this week, but well worth it. At least for my stomach anyway. Last week's theme was dinner and tonight was time for me to make dinner, since I had President's Day off work and my wife did not. We decided to dig into our new Trader Joe's Dinner's Done cookbook and see what we found. Usually it's just trying to find a recipe that we already have everything in the house. Tonight we hit the jackpot for flavor.

Both of these dishes were packed full of yummy goodness, as my family so affectionately terms delicious food. First is the Kinda-Greek Salad this dish has grilled chicken in it but could easily be a vegetarian dish by removing the chicken or substituting it with some grilled tofu.

Second is the Roasted Asparagus with Tomatoes and Feta. Asparagus being one of our favorite vegetables, needless to say this one went over smashingly. My youngest daughter who doesn't even like tomatoes couldn't resist one covered in feta, salt, pepper, garlic and tasting faintly of asparagus.

These recipes and bunches more in the book are really simple to make. The Trader Joe's Cookbook is becoming one of our favorites.

Now for some mouth watering photography.


Photo-A-Week-Food-1

Photo-A-Week-Food-2

Photo-A-Week-Food-3

No comments:

Post a Comment