Monday, May 2, 2011

Photo-A-Week: Tree

So I decided to be a bit humorous with this weeks theme. I am not an avid landscape photographer, don't get me wrong I like it there's just not much time in my life to go for a LONG walk anymore. I would love for there to be, but alas... My point is when given the topic of Tree for photo of the week my mind goes crazy trying to think of what to capture. I don't really know a lot of locations for cool tree shots, (that's a subtle way of me saying I don't get out much) at least not ones that you can find 1000 pictures on Flickr of the same shot (Arch grounds).

I do have one tree I am focusing a seasonal series on in my town but, it's not quite at the spring shot that I want yet, the grass has a bit more to grow before it's the shot I want. So remove that one from the list of possible subjects. I looked all week while commuting around St Louis but nothing really jumped out at me as the shot I wanted to use for the theme. Then... inspiration.

The church I run sound for is at the corner of Tower Grove and Shaw Avenue in St Louis, so it's right across the corner from the Missouri Botanical Gardens. The Shaw neighborhood is full of artwork and unique displays, some even hard to see if you're not looking. Like this week's photo.

The Treehugger project installed a display at the corner of Shaw and Vandeventer in 2010, many of you have probably seen these unique sculptures. Agnieszka Gradzik and Wiktor Szostalo are the artists behind the Treehugger Project.

I thought while driving by that a tree hugger was just as good as a tree shot. I mean it does have a tree in it... right?

Photo-a-Week-Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment